Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little steps take us a long way.........................

Little steps take us a long way.......................................

I always wonder how small things can change the outlook of our life.Right from the time you get up to the time you go to bed if you know that someone remembers you in little things in their life, it makes the day bright and sunny for you. A busy mom after her morning chores of cooking, sending the kids to school, sending the husband to office feels soooo happy when she goes inside the bedroom to see that her husband has done the bed neatly after he got up. This makes her fly in the sky that she sits to sip her cup of coffee peacefully, though a load of otherthings are in line waiting for her to attend.She thanks him inside for the great help---in her way of thinking it is great. It would have taken just 5mins for him to do it. But the effect of it lingers through the day.It produces positive energy in her.

The answer my son, who is in second standard has written in one of his worksheets for the question " Why is your family important to you ? has made me think how kids value the quality time we spend with them. He has written,"Our family is important to us becos we eat together,we love each other and we go out together. We have affection for each other and we watch movies together." I know these things has been done as a daily routine but for the little hearts these are the bonding chains with the family which gives them the sense of security and confidence. I pretty well know that my son hates to join us for the weekly shopping. Each time we call him he makes a big fuss . But at the end of the day it does have some positive feedback from him.Things done involuntarily also gives you pleasure.


Till my daughter was 4yrs old I used to think when the day will come that she will start reading on her own before going to bed. Now she is 12 . Ofcourse she reads on her own but still "mama can u tuck me in bed?" is the regular request. I get angry sometimes when I am in the kitchen busy with my winding up of my day's work. I shout at her saying "can't u tuck urself ? Even now why do you need me? I am busy cleaning." She moans and then goes to bed. Actually speaking, it just takes 2mins to tuck her and say good night. Since I dont want to leave my job of eternal cleaning in half way I am reluctant to go. But when I do it she is so happy and goes to bed peacefully with a feeling "mama is there to check on me even when I am sleeping." To me it is only spreading the bedsheet on her but to her it means spreading and covering her with all mama's love and affection.


I dont call my friends often. But i make sure I call them on their birthdays or send them a mail wishing them. Sure I know this gives them immense pleasure . Small steps like these take us way deep into the path of happiness. It is just the extra few minutes that u need to spare to make others happy.Yes little steps take us a long way..................

No comments:

Post a Comment